Sunday, February 6, 2011

Patchwork Bags




This is a preview of what I am doing at the moment. I have been playing around with repeat patterns which are inspired by the lovely wallpaper borders found in dark dusty cellars (you might recognise them from my December post). Although I love the original colours of the borders I have been working on different colour ways, and it is early to say but there is a wealth of small print elements waiting to be explored.
Of course I imagine all my patterns ON something, I find visualising a finished product and helps me work better. So here are two bags, one using the original borders and colours in a patchwork repeat pattern, and the other experiments with modern colours and some of the lovely elements I have just mentioned. I will post more patterns as they evolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment