Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Milvia - Vintage Tea Towel






This latest tea towel came to light whilst searching for something completely different. Thats how things happen in my house, you have to look for something you don't really need to come across what you're looking for (if you get what I mean).

Anyway thats beside the piont, I consider it a lucky and interesting find to add to my 3 tea towels already posted some time back (September 2010).
Since my last post I have also found out that the towels were produced by Zucchi which is an Italian household linen manufacturing company. However Milvia remains a mystery to me I guess that Milvia is the artist and that the artist might be a lady but still no nearer to an answer.

For now enjoy this lovely find with me. It is Mercoledì/Wednesday - Stirare/Ironing.
As before the illustration and colouring are wonderful. I particulaly like the iron, the plug, shoes, face and that gorgeous loopy handwritten typeface. So I now have 4 days of the week, I think its going to be pretty hard to find them all.

P.S I find myself more and more interested in the humble old tea towel, I keep doing searches on Ebay and Etsy for vintage stock. There is a lot of interesting examples out there to buy and at reasonable prices. Please don't let me start collecting tea towels... I collect enough stuff as it is!

3 comments:

  1. Hello again. Serendipity - that's what it's called! Congratulations on finding the 4th towel in the series. I have 6 out 7 Milvia days of the week towels. I lack Domenica (Sunday) with the girl at the trattoria. Ironically, the Day of Rest is eluding me! Good luck in your quest for the rest! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always been a bit SERENDIPITOUS I think?
    Lovely to hear from you again
    DAWN

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is an old post, but I have all seven. I purchased them for a dollar years ago at a thrift store. They were new. The sticker had left a stain. I was in a house with my laundry room in my basement. I promised I would save them for the time I downsized and would frame them to hang in the laundry room. I found a house to accommodate my tea towels. My towels look like women of color. The Sunday is a lighter skinned woman. I would love to sell my Sunday and find her in color

    ReplyDelete