Monday, May 28, 2012

Motivated, inspired, excited... etc.

Wrapping Paper inspired by Fig drawings


It is difficult for me to some up in a few lines all that has been happening to me over the last 5 weeks. I have been working hard but the results are already showing and I feel more confident and inspired in my work. I am always excited to tackle a new brief and look forward to new projects with eager anticipation. I have returned lovingly to my sketchbooks abandoned over the years and replaced with computer aided technology. I am experimenting with anything and everything to try and find my "signature style" which I hope that in the future will help me be successful. I have also learnt so much about collecting inspiration, drawing and sketching, colour and colour palettes, and different scources of pattern design. I could go on, there does'nt seem to be enough words to say how much I have enjoyed and, even more important, how much I have gained from taking part in Module 1 of the e-course "The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design".


The course is designed and run by two extremely talented ladies Beth Nicholls and Rachael Taylor. Here again it is hard to describe in a few lines the high quality and quantity of information shared with the students and the unique and exciting way that it has been presented. Obviously an innovative course and probably the only one of its kind, I would'nt have missed it for the world. Luckily for me I have another 2 modules to complete so I will be sharing more of my opinions about the course and posting some more of my work in the near future.

Summer Delights - coordinate pattern designs



P.S Some of you may have noticed that I have included captions to my photographs and even incorporated them in with the text. A first for me, there is hope yet that I will become a technical whizz-kid... fine chance!

2 comments:

  1. I think you summed up the course perfectly! I have really enjoyed getting back to basics and my sketchbooks in search of that signature style too! Cannot wait for modules 2 and 3, see you in class!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, look forward to "seeing" you there.

    ReplyDelete